Saturday, November 3, 2007

Meta-blogging

So as a result of having a blog several things have come to my attention.

The first is that yoiu can't tell people that you have one. Here's an example of a conversation that will occur.

Blogger: So I started writing in a blog.
Friend: Really?
Blogger: Yes
Friend:.....
---end----
Awkward silence then ensues for several minutes until Rip Taylor sprays a confetti gun in your face.

Here's another great conversation:
Blogger: So I started writing in a blog
Mom/Dad: Oh really?
Blogger: Yes, do you want to read it?
Mom/Dad: (After reading) So is it supposed to be funny or are you sad? Did I raise a socially disfunctional child?
---end---
Awkward Silence until Rip Taylor enters and conducts a family therapy session.

And yet one more conversation:
Blogger: So I started writing in a blog
Rip Taylor: One time Mickey Rooney and I rode a circus pony through Idaho! On a Rainbow!
---end---
Awkward Silence ensues until my mother shows up and sprays in the face with confetti

So there apparently no way to let your friends and family know that you write; because what you are saying is really: "I am HIIIILARIOUS" and things that happen to me are equivalent to an episode of "Laugh-In"

While I have considered hiring Joanne Worley to hang out with me all the time and laugh with me when these things happen, I know that that bitch is a D-I-V-A. So my solution is to record them and then adorn my body with flowers and a bikini and dance.

2 comments:

DJ Believe it or Not said...

Dear Mallory,

I don't know how to get people to read our blog either. I had a brilliant idea that Zach should email all his friends (from the friendcore email list about writing songs, which no one did except me. humph) but he never did it. No one reads ours. and its sad. we also never update it because we are never together. love and hearts, smiles and rainbows. SEE YOU FRIDAY I LOVE YOU.

IS said...

Becca, I read your blog.